The Mayor and Council Members in Positions 1 and 3 shall be elected for two-year terms at the general election in even-numbered years. Council Members in Positions 2, 4, and 5 shall be elected in the general election in odd-numbered years.
Each of the five Council Members and the Mayor shall, on the date of the election, be at least 18 years of age, a citizen of the United States and a registered, qualified voter of the State of Texas. They must also have resided within the corporate limits of Oak Ridge North for at least one year preceding the election. Members must not be in arrears in tax payments or other liabilities to the City; they should not be disqualified by any provision of any section of the City Code.
Any member of the Council that ceases to possess qualifications specified above or that is convicted of a felony before or while in office shall immediately forfeit that office. No Council person shall hold any other public office except for Notary Public, member of the National Guard or Military Reserves or retired member of the Armed Services.
The following information and downloadable forms are being provided for your convenience. Once an application has been filed, the filer will be provided with a complete packet of election information containing forms and guides for the election. The forms and guides are updated to comply with changes made to the law.
Notice of Deadline to File an Application for Place on the Ballot
Ordinance No. 02-2017 - Calling General & Special Elections 2017
Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot
Ordinance No 03-2017 - Canceling the 2017 Special Election
Notice of General Election to All Qualified Voters within the City of ORN
Unofficial Tabulation of General Election 2017
- Election Calendar
- 2017 Important Dates
- Early Voting Polling Locations & Times
- Polling Location by Precinct
- Candidate Forum Flyer - April 13, 2017
- Voter Awareness Council Candidate Forum Agenda - April 13, 2017
2017 Election Candidate Packet
Filers will find answers to most of their questions in the instruction guides to the forms. Please contact City Secretary Laura Calcote at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 832-381-3303 for additional guidance.
- Dan Broyles - Place 4 (General)
- Michelle Cassio - Place 4 (General)
- Clint McClaren - Place 2 (General)
- Frances Planchard - Place 5 (General)
- Application for Ballot by Mail
- Application for Place on General Election Ballot
- Application for Place on Special Election Ballot
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer (Form CTA)
- Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report (Form C/OH)
- Candidate/Officeholder Report of Unexpended Contributions (Form C/OH-UC)
- Certificate of Withdrawal
- Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (Form CIQ)
- Fair Campaign Practices Act (Form CFCP)
- Local Government Officer Conflicts Disclosure Statement (Form CIS)
- Poll Watcher's Guide
Texas Secretary of State
Texas Ethics Commission
Montgomery County Elections
Texas Department of Transportation
League of Women Voters of Montgomery County