Assistant to the City Manager
27424 Robinson Road
Oak Ridge North, TX 77385
Ph: (281) 292-4648
Fx: (281) 367-7729
Monday - Thursday
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Duties and Functions:
• Plans, organizes and implements economic development activities to expand the property and sales tax base and encourage creation of jobs.
• Develops plans to enhance the ORN business atmosphere to retain existing business base and market ORN to the community.
• Works in conjunction with the City Manager and the ORNEDC Board of Directors to prepare, negotiate and present economic development incentives, grants and agreements to attract and retain business.
• Establish, develop and maintain contacts and nurture working relationships with other economic development organizations.
• Assist business prospects in their effort to relocate to ORN.
• Develop and implement a business retention and expansion program for existing ORN
• Market ORN through newsletter, social media, website, trade show and other avenues.
• Assist the City Secretary in the preparation of agendas and agenda packets for EDC Board meetings and City Council as directed by the City Manager.
• Work with consultants and contractors as applicable on planning and retail recruitment strategies.
• Attend professional development classes that enhance professional skills utilized in this position and that bring value to the organization.
• Collect and analyze data to evaluate the demographic and psychographic position of the community in relation to other communities.
• Participates with the City Manager and the EDC Board of Directors in the preparation of the annual budget for ORNEDC.
• Interface with the ORN City Council and other boards, commissions and committees to work toward the common goal of promoting the quality development of ORN.
• Participate in the coordination of special events that focus on quality of life in ORN.
• Provide professional and administrative support for the City Manager as needed.