The City Secretary acts as the Records Management Officer and Chief Custodian of all official City records. These duties include:
- Maintaining all records of the governing body
- Generating and maintaining agendas, minutes, ordinances, resolutions and proclamations
- Attending all meetings of the governing body and other City-related meetings
- Composing and publishing invitations to bid, public notices, and legal notices
- Maintaining contracts, leases and agreements
The City Secretary also administers elections, maintains all personnel files, maintains the City's entry sign, serves as the city's webmaster, and provides information to the public.