Summary report from City Council meeting on Monday, January 8, 2018.
- City Manager Vicky Rudy updated Council on the Woodlands Parkway Overpass project. The City is participating in the project to the extent that the County has agreed to extend the project to Patsy at Robinson Road and improve the intersection, adding turn lanes and updating signalization. The City will be responsible for that portion of the project. Crews will be conducting surveys along Robinson Road for approximately three months. The project is expected to bid in September.
- Council approved a progress payment for RPS Engineering for development of plans for a turn lane off Robinson Road into Commerce Park east of the railroad tracks. The project should bid in the spring. This project is being funded by the Economic Development Corporation.
- Council called for a general election to be held May 5, 2018 for Mayor and Council positions 1 and 3. They also approved contracting with Montgomery County to conduct the election.
- Council approved purchase of 150 additional trash carts and lids for a cost of $11,571.01.
- Council discussed service issues with Waste Management regarding trash collection. Council received a letter from Waste Management outlining their plans for addressing the issues.