Summary Report for the City Council meeting of Monday, July 9, 2018:
- Randy Johnson, Executive Director of the Montgomery County Hospital District gave an update on the MCHD and the services provided to the county.
- Chip VanSteenberg, Executive Director for the Montgomery County Emergency Communications District (911) presented the MCECD 911 FY2019 Budget for Council consideration. Council voted to approve.
- City Council nominated Jack Yates, City Administrator for the City of Montgomery, to represent small cities on the MCECD 911 Board of Managers.
- Terry Woodson, Waste Management representative to the City, presented information regarding the change in costs to Waste Management for recycling and a proposed increase to the City for recycling services. The Council requested additional information and tabled the vote regarding any change to rates until the next Council meeting.
- Council approved Resolution No. 2018-07 commending the National Society Sons of the American Revolution for their many patriotic efforts and extending best wishes for their 128th National Congress to be held in Houston.
- Director of Public Works Joe Sherwin reported the next mosquito spraying will be over the weekend of July 27th -29th.
- City Manager Vicky Rudy reported on a FY2019 budget workshop scheduled Wednesday, July 11, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.